The consolidated rental car center (CONRAC) at the San Diego International Airport is a massive two-million-square-foot structure. It houses 16 rental car companies, a customer service building, a quick-turn-around car prep facility, and a 5,400-car ready/return area. Western Pump was selected to construct the fueling and car wash systems, including the mechanical and electrical control systems, conduits, and wiring.
Scope of Work
- Three 25,000-Gallon Underground Storage Tanks
- Thirty-six (36) Fuel Dispensers
- Twelve (12) Submersible Pump Systems
- Fifteen (15) Car Wash Systems
- Fuel Management System
- Excavation, Trenching, Shoring
- Pipe Supports
- Tank Installation
- Tank Pad Installation
- Secondary Containment Systems
- Piping System Installation
- Submersible Pump Systems
- Fuel System Electrical
- Car Wash Electrical
- Car Wash Installation
- Compliance Testing
- A high water table in the tank pit excavation area presented a significant challenge for the project team. Western Pump collaborated with its subcontractors to excavate, shore, dewater, test, and filter the water before discharge into the city’s sewer system.
- This multilevel fuel system at the CONRAC facility was the first of its kind in the County of San Diego. This project constituted unfamiliar territory for many key county agencies, including the Department of Environmental Health’s Hazardous Materials Division. Western pump worked proactively with county representatives to sequence the required inspections and ensure the project stayed on track.
Western Pump provides us with world-class service in all regards. Timely response, safety, and quality work are top priorities for our facility and we have always had excellent performance from Western Pump. We will continue to use Western Pump for all of our service work.”
CONRAC SOLUTIONS, LLC